[ale] In Search of a Linux Friendly ISP

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon May 10 07:36:50 EDT 1999

Stephen F Nicholas wrote:

> Hello ale,
> Subject pretty much says it all.  My ISP of 2 years has become quite
> strange.  Last weekend, it took me 30 + minutes to get a connection.  This
> weekend, no connection.  Ny current ISP is a well known telephone company
> providing local service to Atlanta.  I didn't receive busy signals, but it
> took Windoze over 2 minutes to get a connection.  The Linux box is timing
> out , not sure from their side or mine.
>
> I'm open to suggestions, such as Mindspring, etc.  I need an ISP to
> provide a reliable service, as it is critical to me being able to test
> from my home box.  Please provide your feedback, as I need to make a
> decision ASAP.  I'm doing testing for a Board of Regents project (and I
> have to do it after hours) Windoze just flat can't cut it.

I've recommended Atlnet (http://www.atlnet.com/) a number of times in
the past, and would continue to do so.  My connectivity has been rock
solid, the best of the 4 ISP's I used to this point.  Whenever there was
a problem, which is rare, I've always spoken to a tech support person
(not an answering machine, or 'message taker') and the problem was
resolved quickly.  I work from home, so I've got alot of online time.

They are very Linux friendly shop and they offer ADSL, ISDN and analog.
I've got a dedicated IP.  The support has been fantastic.

Feel free to drop me any questions you might have.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl