[ale] Perl contract?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Thu May 6 17:28:42 EDT 1999

Ok,
  We a project that may need outside help due to time limitations.  As
a result, I may be able to farm it out to someone outside the company.
Here's a summary of what I need.  If you know you can do it, please reply
with a bid (unless you want to just earn a mark for your resume) and
an ETA.

  A customer hits a "mail-to:" on a web page (non-negotiable) which goes
to an NIS alias.  The alias spreads out to a group of people.  Those
people reply to the user and the alias.  The customer replies to the
user and the alias and it goes back and forth.

  A dumb-user-id will replace the alias.  This alias hits a .procmail
which runs a script.  This script needs to assign an "incident number",
forward out to the other users and log the email.  When they reply to
the email, it logs the time, etc.  All logs are pushed into an Orcle
database.

  A second script needs to query the database for # of incedents opened,
average reply time, resolution and such to generate reports for
management types.

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   Y1K = Dark Ages and Black Plague
Senior System Administrator II  |   Y2K = Windows2000 and BSOD
  at Great West Life.           \_

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: