[ale] X windows video problems. (Yet more :)

Nick Robinson ohjeezcomeon at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 21:26:26 EDT 1999

Hiya folks. Got a few problems. Using the XConfigurator with RH5.2, X
windows refuses to work. I have an ATI 3d Rage IIc (AGP), which
requires the Mach64 server. I also have a Viewsonic 15GS. I configure x
as such (seeing as how X won't probe my video card, reasons unknown)and
run 'startx'. Then I get a image that almost resembles a desktop, which
looks like it's just outta sync, but refuses to get into
sync,regardless of what I do...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Nick Robinson - New to Linux and Ale, but plans to attend the next
meeting.

===

We've secretly switched their dilithium crystals with new Folgers Crystals. Let's See What Happens When They GO TO WARP!