[ale] MS-Office replacement?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue May 4 20:05:24 EDT 1999

Scott Robertson wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I now have one of the managers here inquiring about MS-Office
> replacements.  Do any of you have any input on what is good, better, or
> best?
>
> Requirements are primarily word processing and spreadsheets, quite
> possibly running on RedHat 5.2.

I've heard good things about Wordperfect and Star Office, but my
experience is limited to Applixware.  That being said, I've been very
pleased with Applixware.  I've used the word processor, spreadsheet and
presentation tools and they've worked well.

I've also imported word and powerpoint docs with limited success.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl