[ale] More special Wondows stuff

Irv Mullins irv at ellijay.com
Tue May 4 10:58:43 EDT 1999

Matthew Brown wrote:

> I'm running nt (proper spelling!) workstation at my office.  i have
> installed IE5.0 to test for compatibility of my web work.  I recently
> uncovered something very new and special with nt/i.e. that I know you will
> all find very endearing.

<snip>
> i.e. downloaded the
> _entire_ file to nowhere evidently.  Having completely filled my C: drive
> with 60% of the requested file, i.e. continued downloading the _whole_ file
> without saving it.
>
> Isn't that tremendous?
>
> -Matthew Brown
>
> BTW, I downloaded the thing three times in all.  Thinking I had erred in
> some way, I tried again.  Figuring it out the second time, I used another
> machine the next time!    -mab

Thank you for your contribution to the development of Windoz
2000.

Not many people are aware of the fact that sometime during
the summer of 1998, Windoz 2000 code had reached a size that
exceeded the available supply of bytes in the entire
universe. In order to aleviate this shortage and assure the
continued development of the product, our staff implemented
an extremely clever plan (stolen from the IRS) which
involved returning approximately 30-40% of all bytes
processed by MircoSoft's web browser directly to our servers
for recycling.

With millions of copies of our IE (Intermittent Exploder) in
daily use, we will soon have enough bytes to implement
"Hello World".