[ale] network...

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at opus.shorty.com
Mon May 3 14:50:32 EDT 1999

Thus spake Sar'Naa Archie (sarchie at bigfoot.com):

> what would be the cheapest and easiest way to setup a 286 on an
> network, and what could i use it for?
>
> I was thinkin I could load minix, do a serial connection, and use it as a
> dumb terminal. What other uses would a 286 have?

The world is full of many doors that need help to stay open. There are also
many boats that have trouble staying afloat in the same location..

Seriously, a dumb telnet terminal is about all you can do with a 286.
You could run KA9Q NOS on it (it'll let you run a web/gopher/smtp/pop
server on a 286) if you need a low-volume server.

Robbie

--
Robbie Honerkamp
robbie at shorty.com   http://www.shorty.com/~robbie/