[ale] need advice on installing rh with windoz

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat May 1 23:19:08 EDT 1999

Martin Nichols wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to figure out how to install R.H. 5.2 on my windoz 98
> machine so i can keep 98 and dual boot with linux cant make heads nor
> tails out of the book that came with R.H. 5.2 any advice or instructions
> would be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming that win98 will be just like win95, if anyone knows better,
share it please.

Do you have some free space to install Linux?  If so, put the boot
floppy in the drive and reboot your machine.  It will boot into the
install process.  Once there, you have to choose the custom install, not
the server or workstation install.  LILO will be installed and you will
be able to use it to boot either Linux or 98.

If you don't have any free space, you'll need to get something like
partition magic to free up some space from win98 or reinstall win98,
leaving some space for Linux.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl