[ale] ON/OFF Topic

Clay Lawrence servo at bellsouth.net
Sat May 1 13:00:03 EDT 1999

This is just to share a personal experience that really touched me.

I've recently replaced my main box and passed the old one on to the kids
(12 & 9). With some delay in setting up their box I created accounts for
them in Linux, much to their dismay. They were happy with the old dual
boot that had windoze. I've finally gotten around to setting up the old
box for them after a couple of weeks and grabbed my win95 coaster. When
the saw this they both cried in unison,"What about Linux" :-D They still
want a dual boot for windoze games but wish Linux to be the default OS.
I don't think they know the magnitude of the gift they've given. Just a
proud father that wanted to share with my fellow Linux enthusiasts.

Clay