[ale] some other regexp

Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at premtec.com> Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at premtec.com>
Mon Jun 28 10:31:09 EDT 1999

Have you tried chop instead of chomp?? chomp, is supposedly chop in
safe-mode, so it will refuse to chop things. In my case, a MS-DOS
formatted file with ^M at the end, will not be chomped but can be choped.
back your file, then, chop, chop, till you are satisfied.

Good luck.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)	1-800-979-1105 (P)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Ryan Bridges wrote:

#
#I need to strip the Linefeeds out of a file.  I discovered that this is
#not a newline (\n) but something else.  I have tried everything I can
#think of and connot get rid of them. Anyone have any ideas?  PERL didn't
#work so far and I am not good with sed/awk...
#Thanks again in advance,
#Ryan
#
#Ryan Bridges <ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com>
#B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine