[ale] Russian Character set

jim jcphil at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 27 17:06:24 EDT 1999

You can get the Cronyx KOI-8 fonts at:

http://www-koi8-r.itl.net.ua/mirrors/ache/xwin.html

This not the only encoding out there, but it is one of the oldest and most
common. Most Russian sites can be viewed using KOI-8. There is also a
WindowMaker applet that allows you to switch from the English to the
Cyrillic character sets on your keyboard. If you want that, e-mail me and
I'll find the source again. If you read Russian, there are some great geek
sites out there. One of the best is at:

http://www.computerra.ru

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have questions.

Jim