[ale] OFFTOPIC: html includes?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jun 24 17:58:13 EDT 1999

Nomad the Wanderer wrote:

> I'm using the latest Apache ion a RH-6.0 system.  I'll poke
> around this file a bit,  Any url's for HOWTO's and the like?  I'd
> rather not spend a few weeks figuring it out.

Don't know about HOWTOs, but you might check the apache web site.  I've
got an )'Reilly Apache book and it's explained there.  By default,
server side include html for the Apache webserver have an '.shtml'
rather than '.html'.  The syntax of the include itself is:

<!--#element attribute=value attribute=value .... -->

There are a number of possible 'elements' including:

errmsg, sizefmt, timefmt, echo, exec, cmd, fsize, include.

I suspect you would be interested in the 'include' option.  The syntax
for the include would be:

<!--#include virtual="nameoffileyouwantincluded"-->

Pretty straight forward.  It's been a while since I played with this
myself.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com