[ale] desktop size

Ryan Bridges reb at techie.com
Wed Jun 23 08:18:18 EDT 1999

look in your /etc/X11/XF86Config file.  near the end of the file you will
see several "screens" sections, one for SVGA, one for VGA-16, and one for
"accel".  In the SVGA section (assuming you are using XF86_SVGA as your
server) you will see something like this:

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "svga"
    # Use Device "Generic VGA" for Standard VGA 320x200x256
    #Device      "Generic VGA"
    Device      "My Video Card"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
        DefaultColorDepth  24
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       8
        # Omit the Modes line for the "Generic VGA" device
        Modes       "800x600"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection

If you set the ViewPort to "0 0" then your DeskTop size will default to
the size of your screen.

Ryan Bridges <ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com>
B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine