[ale] desktop size

Clay Lawrence servo at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 22 22:08:38 EDT 1999

Have you tried re-running xconfigurator and answering no when it prompts you
about using the existing config for defaults? If so did you try giving only one
mode on the mode page, ie 800 x 600 - 15/16 bpp? There are some virtual
resolutions set in your xf86config file in /etc This file can be editted by hand
but it is better to use the configurator if you're new.

BTW, visit http://www.zdu.com It's an online university that teaches computer
stuff. It costs $7.95 a month plus books or $69.95 a year. There's an "Intro to
Unix" class and a "Unix System Administration" class that are both based on
RedHat.

HTH
Clay