[ale] NFS

Patrick Ramsey Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org
Mon Jun 21 13:15:50 EDT 1999

Ok guys/gals,

Can anyone share any experiences they have had with NFS that may relate to my problem?

I have 5 client side machines and one server.  The client machines need to be able to mount the server each night to run a couple of scripts and copy some files.

The mount goes well and all seems hunkydorey until I try to write to NFS.

This is my server side exports entry for wab.util.
/opt/utilbackup/wab    wab.util(rw)

This is one of the client side mount entries in its fstab file. (wab.util)
hasbro:/opt/utilbackup/wab  /mnt/utilbackup     nfs     rw,bg,hard,rsize=1024,wsize=1024 0 0

Reading from the NFS is fine...but attempting to write returns  "Permission Denied" from server.

Any ideas?

I do not know of any other way to enable read/write outside the (rw) on the server and rw on the client.

-Patrick

ps. the server is running suse 6.1 with its nfs install and Mandrake 6.0 with its nfs install is on the client side.