[ale] netscape and CGI

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Mon Jun 21 08:39:38 EDT 1999

Adam Teja wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I've got some CGI scripts that generate HTML...
> now the problem, netscape doesn't seem to
> know what to do with files with the CGI extension...

???

CGI scripts should be executed by the *server*, not
the browser. The browser should only see the output,
and never the content of the actual script. This
sounds like a misconfiguration of the server. (Unless
you really mean for the browser to be interpreting
your code, in which case it isn't CGI.)