[ale] please won't someone help me with Linux

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Jun 19 22:55:53 EDT 1999

PoMansEnt at aol.com wrote:

> I am very knowledgeable with Macintosh and Windows.
>
> I want to use Linux, at least for now, as a work station.
>
> Can't decide if I should go with Red Hat or SuSE or
> ______(whatever)_________________.
>
> Guess I don't know enough about any of them.
>
> Can someone offer any help? I thought one of the big things about Linux was
> the support you could get from other Linux users.

Can't help you much with SuSE, but I've done a few RedHat installs.
Just completed a Mandrake install, which, as I understand it, RedHat
with some extras.  Based on the Mandrake install, I'd suggest going with
it.  I had absolutely no problems getting everything configured and the
install was flawless.

Generally, you'll find most folks have their favorite dist, but very few
folks have a lot of experience with more then one or two.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl