[ale] Code editors

Robert Butera rbutera at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 18 13:38:06 EDT 1999

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Dave Brooks wrote:

> Hello, I'm making a futile attempt at writing a Tcl/Tk interface to the
> pilot-link package (and, consequently, teaching myself tcl/tk as I go
> along).  Question is, does anyone know of any sort of editor that will
> color-code things like { ( [ if..else etc etc?  The code is getting to
> the point where it's sort of tedious to look at ;)

Try the hilit19.el package under emacs.  I haven't tried it with Tcl/Tk,
but it does a really nice job with Perl and C code.  I think that
it is part of the "Standard" emacs installation - you just need to
add a few lines to your .emacs file to load on startup (these instructions
are typically in the comments in the header to hilit19.el, otherwise
email me and I will send you the relevant lines from my .emacs file)

Robert Butera, Assistant Professor		robert.butera at ece.gatech.edu
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering		phone:	404-894-2935
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA USA	FAX:	404-894-5935