[ale] SiS 6326 AGP problem

Ryan Bridges reb at techie.com
Wed Jun 16 08:51:42 EDT 1999

The easiest thing to do would be to try and force XFree to use it as an 8
meg Generic SVGA AGP card.  You may also want to try running SuperProbe to
see what chipset it is detected as.  Some of the SiS chips we have here in
the shop are detected as something more generic.  If that doesn't work,
let me know and I will give a few more gory details of how you could get
it to work.

later,
Ryan

PS.  SiS has some problems with SVGA compliance, thier default settings
are usually not quite compatible with anything.  This makes X unhappy.

Ryan Bridges <ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com>
Tuesday, June 15, 1999
B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine