[ale] Mutt + pgp?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Mon Jun 14 21:55:26 EDT 1999

It turns out that the binaries I downloaded for mutt are broke.  Strace
shows it couldn't find a file, probably pgp.  I compiled the source and
boom it works very well.  Just slow and it asks for my passphrase
to send email, but that's acceptable.

Robert

Thus spake Ed Landa (elanda at comstar.net):

> On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 11:21:42PM -0600, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
> > I'm mailing to "nomad at wally" and when I do a pgpk -l from the sending
> > machine I see pub:
>
> Ahhh, PGP5.  Make sure you have PGP5 support compiled in and make sure that your PGP binaries are in the same location as when you compiled the package.
>
> I use PGP2, but the variables are similar (I think there are more of them).
> Here is the (edited) output from my 'mutt -v' :
>
> System: Linux 2.0.36 [using slang 9938]
> Compile options:
> +HAVE_PGP2
>
> _PGPPATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
> _PGPV2PATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
>
> Ed

Robert L. Harris                |   Y1K = Dark Ages and Black Plague
Senior System Administrator II  |   Y2K = Windows2000 and BSOD
  at Great West Life.           \_

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: