[ale] SiS 6326 AGP problem

Steve Tynor tynor at outside.atlanta.twr.com
Mon Jun 14 11:25:07 EDT 1999

Dahmani nouredine wrote:

| hi;
|
| I have the redhat 5.1, I can't install the XFree86 proprly, because the name
| of my onboard card graphic SiS 6326 AGP with 8 Mo
| I have a PC100 motherboad,
| it's unlisted how can manage this problem to install XFree86, can you tell
| me if there is another solutions
|
| forwarding to hearing from you soon

You can sort of get it working be upgrading to the latest XFree86 (I
tried 3.3.3).  But it didn't work all that well even then when I tried
some months ago.  (it required some not-well documented config options
in XF86Config, and even then, I was not able to get it to do 1280x1024
at more than 8bpp).  I don't think I saved my notes about what those
config options were -- you can probably find them by doing some
altavista and dejanews searches with the string "6326 xfree86".

I bought a Matrox Millenium G200 instead and have been quite happy with it.

Steve