[ale] smbmount,2.3.4,backup

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Thu Jun 10 09:06:27 EDT 1999

After two months of searching docs, how-to's, and dejanews, I still can not
get smbmount to work on the 2.3.4 kernel. I have samba 2.0.3, have compiled
samba with the --with-smbmount option, etc, etc. I know the syntax changed
somewhat from the old samba, but just can not get it working. Has anyone been
able to?

My primary goal is to use my NT box (a necessary evil for my job) which has a
15gig hard drive as a backup. I'd like to setup a cron job to mount a 'backup'
share, copy the ENTIRE linux drive to it (that's another unknown at the
moment), and then unmount.

Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies