[ale] centralized vs separate UPS?

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at switchco.com
Wed Jun 9 18:29:58 EDT 1999

You want a big online (meaning you're always running on filtered
battery power) UPS that is backed up by a diesel generator if you're a
call center. I am assuming that the phone equipment would be run
through this as well. This way, if power dies, no one who isn't
standing next to the generator (outside of course) will even notice.

	later,

		Ben Scherrey