[ale] How do I track the Machine name by knowing the IP address ?????

Paul Nuesslein paul.nuesslein at echostar.com
Wed Jun 9 11:50:14 EDT 1999

hi all,
    i have a good question for you guys though i actually require help in this matter. How can i find the mac address (physical address of the NIC card) and the machine name (running windows 95 or 98)  (most importantly i require the windows machine name ) by knowing the IP address alone.??? well i tried to find a solution but couldnt find an answer for this, and no one in the   windows list could help me out and so i have backed on my most reliable source of information the ale group.well also if u can help me with some code to track the physical address by giving the IP address......
thanx a lot,

P.s : I luv linux but my organisation runs on windows
Regards,
S. VIJAYARAMAN,

Try this site, it contains a lot of Windows / IP tricks

http://www.caip.rutgers.edu/~arni/ws2/stas.htm

Paul