[ale] Anyone other than Bellsouth doing ADSL in Atlanta?

Ed Landa elanda at comstar.net
Wed Jun 9 10:11:46 EDT 1999

> 	1) Can you get the xDSL line.
>
> 	2) Can you get the xDSL service.

and     3) Will the telco ever get around to provisioning your line?

We've seen huge delays in actually getting the service installed.
Fortunately, they're working on fixing this problem, but it is still taking
close to 45 days to deploy SDSL services.

Also, if you are served out of a SLC, you will only be able to get ISDL
(~160k).  You have to have a physical copper path from the CO to your
demarc to get the higher speeds.

> 	I believe that xDSL is limited to 1800 CABLE feet from the CO

I think you just typoed, but it is actually about 18,000 feet.  It should go
further but there are some problems still being worked out.

This is still a new technology and there are a lot of little problems to be
worked out.  In most cases they are just logistical and procedural issues at
the telcos, not technical problems.  The DSL circuits that we do have active
are extremely fast and stable.

I try to resist plugging the list, but if anyone is interested in business
SDSL service, we're offering it today.  Unfortunately, we're not oriented
towards the consumer market, so the pricing may not be what you're looking
for in a home connection.  Sales droids can be located at 770-485-6110.

Ed