[ale] Anyone other than Bellsouth doing ADSL in Atlanta?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Jun 9 08:46:25 EDT 1999

Wandered Inn enscribed thusly:
> Matthew Brown wrote:

> > I'm getting ready to open the doors on my SDSL business.  It may be a little
> > pricier than ADSL, but it is geared more toward the business or power user.

> Care to share the availability?  Is it safe to assume that if you CAN'T
> get ADSL, then you can't get SDSL?

	Yeah...  There's two issues here.

	1) Can you get the xDSL line.

	2) Can you get the xDSL service.

	If you can't get #1, the availability of #2 doesn't mean squat.

	I believe that xDSL is limited to 1800 CABLE feet from the CO
and has restrictions on loading coils and comphensators.  Anything and
everything, including the whim of the CO, can degrade the carrier rate.
Don't expect to get full bandwidth in either direction if you are anywhere
near the end of that cable length or if there is any appreciable cross
talk in the cable bundle.

> > -Matthew Brown
> > CorData

> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

> It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
> 	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/