[ale] Why is my switch dropping me?

Rick Davies rickd at cyber-wizard.com
Tue Jun 8 14:23:13 EDT 1999

You might want to try hardcoding it to 100Mbps or 10Mbps.  Ive noticed on
other cards such as Intel, AMD, etc. that sometimes the autonegotiation
feature isnt exactly what I would call reliable.  You might also want to
check with your vendor to make sure that your NIC has no known issues with
your switch.  As for your ping getting through when you are disconnected Im
not sure why this would happen.

"Always two there are no more, no less,  a master and an apprentice" -- Yoda
Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace