[ale] Ga Tech's FTP server status

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Jun 7 19:17:17 EDT 1999

lilElvis at smyrnacable.net wrote:

> Does Ga Tech still allow anonymous logins on  ftp.cc.gatech.edu  ?
> I haven't been able to log in for a couple of months now. From the command
> line I get:
>
> > ftp ftp.cc.gatech.edu
> > Connected to santanni.cc.gatech.edu
> > Connection closed by remote host
>
> I'm never prompted for a login name or passwd, and there is never a "too
> many users at this time" message. What gives?

I don't know, but I've used ftp.cc.gatech.edu a number of times this
past week with now problems, via Netscape and ncftp.  I just finished
downloading the Mandrake iso this morning from there.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl