[ale] Upgrading to RH6.0 w/o the cost

marnuke marnuke at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 2 03:59:16 EDT 1999

Jerry Yu:

 wonder if we can put up a list on ALE for people to share/exchange/give
 away CDs for Linux installation. I noticed this type of setup in some UK
 LUG sites.

 Reasons:
 1. not many people have CD burner. don't want the trouble of burning or
 buying
 2. it's easier to get the CD then some help from the previous owner.
 3. many of us only need the cd for installation. After that, it merely
 serves as a keepsake.

 I have a 5.1 RH,  Debian 1.3 CD, and a RH6.0 CD to share.

I have a CD-R, a cable modem, and a lot of hard drive space.  I'm
willing to download and burn cd's for people in the atlantra area.  All I
need is cash to cover the cost of the cd, a blank cd-r for trade, a pack
of smokes, or a piece of old hardware (a 486/66 chip and MB will be
nice =) and I will be happy to burn what ever someone would like to put
on cd.  Just tell what and where.

/\/\ar/\/uke