[ale] Hollier then God himself

marnuke marnuke at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 1 21:29:54 EDT 1999

Anitoney:

 Take this message at face value, please.  It comes from my own recent
 observations

 One of the reasons many people who post occationally are not taken
 seriously is their awful gramar.  Of course, no one on the list expects
 perfect gramar and spelling  (nowhere close, actually - my spelling is
 pathetic)  But whole posts that have no separation between thoughts
 (periods, commas, paragraph breaks etc) are very difficult to understand.
 And posts that are hard to understand seem almost insulting.  ("why
 should I help you if you won't take the time to phrase your question
 coherently?")  It comes off as disrespectful, as if you don't care.  This
 list survives on courtesy between the people on it, and that includes not
 wasting people's time unnecessarily. Of course, if I can't decipher a
 post, I trash it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

 So, if you want an inteligent answer, post an inteligent question, and
 sound like you care about the answer.

There's nothing that pisses me off more then someone that thinks his is so
much better then the other person but yet can't even do what they are
talking about their self.   Let's look at above.  It's one long run on
sectence that has a period where the writer feel it should be but the
meaning of the period is disregraded and never stoping. I guess you would
call it a rant.

What is really shocking is that you expect people to speak perfect english
when no one can.  Might you wonder why it's like that??  Becuase the
English took pride in "how well art thou can speak".  It is very American
is discredit that what someone says becuase of the way it was said not
what they say.  So what if a jap comes up to you and ask you a question
and it's VERY poor english???

What are you going to do?

 "Oh I dare not to answer that question for it hard to understand & seems
   almost insulting.  It came off as disrespectful, as if he didn't care."

So you will turn your back on the man??   Maybe he doesn't even speak
english??  Why don't you speak his language?? Maybe he has a great idea
but becuase he "doesn't speak as well as you" you will not listen to him.
That seams logical.   How American.

/\/\ar/\/uke

"You should offer the other man all the help in the world; teaching him is
 the first step."