[ale] Samba Configuration

Eidson, Eric H. eeidson at z-tel.com
Tue Jun 1 09:43:27 EDT 1999

IPC$ is a network share that seems to be for internal use by SMB servers
(connect to an NT box that doesn't have any shares browsable and you'll see
the same thing)

Also, since you are using Win98, you pretty much need to be using encrypted
passwords, or you can disable the encrypted passwords on the Win98 side with
a little change to the registry.  Win98 and NT4 SP3 and above made it so
they would NOT use plain-text passwords at all.  Previously, they would try
encrypted passwords, and if the server didn't support them, they would send
plain-text passwords.

Hope this is of some help...

	--Hunter