[ale] installing a src.rpm file

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Wed Jul 28 13:17:58 EDT 1999

To install 'netscape.src.rpm' you just use

  rpm -i netscape.src.rpm

What this gives you is the source tree for building a version on your
system. After running RPM, you typically need to go into the source
directory and do the following...

  1) # ./configure
  2) # make dep
  3) # make clean
  4) # make
  5) # make install

Steps 2/3 may not be required for some software; check any accompanying
README files...