[ale] Resource Temporarily Unavailable

Mandrake mandrake at mandrake.net
Thu Jul 22 14:11:29 EDT 1999

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 01:13:12PM -0400, jj at spiderentertainment.com wrote:
> I configured a 266Mhz with 64 MB, Apache 1.3. I tried to optimize Apache
> as much as I can.
> Then I got the inetload from Microsoft to simulate 500 users for 10 Min
> to retrieve a simple file index.shtml which contains this
> <H3> Hello, Test </h3>
>
> And when I run this test and try to use shell, whatever command I type I
> get:
> fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable

try increasing the max number of processes running on your machine (kernel
setting) as well as the /proc settings for max files open, etc

| Mandrake (Geoff Harrison)                | http://mandrake.net          |
| Senior Software Engineer - VA Linux Labs | http://www.valinux.com       |
| Co-Author - Enlightenment Window Manager | http://www.enlightenment.org |
| linux.com - Advisory Board Member        | http://www.linux.com         |
"It was then at 3 AM - sitting at Dennys - that I realized that my friends and
I had turned out to be the very people my mother had tried so hard to keep
me sheltered from."