[ale] Redhat IPO

linuxhat at mailandnews.com linuxhat at mailandnews.com
Wed Jul 21 21:07:43 EDT 1999

On 21 Jul 1999, Jim Kinney wrote:

>I wish them the best of luck. I suspect Bob Young hasn't been sleeping
>well lately ;)

Having been with a company thru an IPO, I know so.  After our CEO finally
made the deal and we were on the boards, he up and took a three week
safari to Africa.  Frankly, from the stories he told, he deserved it.

The last four or five weeks before an IPO are bloody hell, airports and
hotel laundries and hardball questions before besuited investors.... me,
I'd much rather just get bought by somebody big and given the Parachute
than try taking the damn thing public... easier that way.

-- Glenn