[ale] Mandrake 'bugs?'

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Mon Jul 12 12:04:15 EDT 1999

I'm unfamiliar with OpenBSD and am curious about a couple of points...

1) How is OpenBSD more 'graceful' in handling multiple cd-rom drives?
   (I'll be the first to admit it took some digging to understand how
    to use all 5 slots of my 5-disc Nakamichi CD-ROM drive and there
    is some frustration in not being able to automatically switch
    between discs)

2) The 'dumb penguin' login screen is just /etc/issue

3) Is it even possible to include 'ssh' in a distribution, given the
   various cryptography laws of different nations?