[ale] boot to new kernel in RedHat

jim rebus at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 30 21:00:26 EST 1999

I have RedHat 5.2, but I just upgraded the kernel to 2.2.1. My question
is: How do I get my system to boot the new kernel? I ran make zdisk,
make zlilo & make zImage. I removed the symlink in /boot and replaced it

with the new vmlinuz. I removed the symlink for System.Map and replaced
it with the version left in the root directory. I modified
/etc/lilo.conf. I ran /sbin/lilo again. After all of this, it still
boots the old kernel unless I insert a boot disk made with the new
kernel image. How do I stop this madness?