[ale] 2.2 packages

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Jan 30 16:34:33 EST 1999

Chris Ricker wrote:

> > Should I be wary of the knfs??  Can you build it as a module?
>
> It's not as well-tested, and it's different, but I've not had problems with
> it for a couple of months now.

Should I get 2.2.1? I'm compiling 2.2.0 right now...

Thanks for the info.  One thing I've found terribly interesting about
Linux development and beta code.  It rocks compared to Microsoft based
production code.  It's unbelievable how solid the Linux beta/dev. code
is in comparison to what most people think of when they think beta.

Thanks again, oh-oh...  compiling 2.2.0, received:

sb_ess.o(.text+0xde2): undefined reference to `esstype'
sb_ess.o(.text+0xe77): undefined reference to `esstype'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Suggestions welcome, I'm off to dig...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????