[ale] Can't get above 8bpp in RedHat 5.2

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jan 28 21:55:00 EST 1999

'startx -- -bpp 16' is what you should use.  Is that a typo below?

What is the output of X at startup?  If X doesn't like the settings in
the config file (to protect you) it will not use them.  It will complain
about such settings in the output of your startx or xdm error file.  If
it does not use these settings, then you will see messages indicating
why in the output.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????