[ale] hard disk problems continued

Marc Vogt mtv at theor.chemistry.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 27 08:29:55 EST 1999

>What kind of errors?

It's hard to tell, since they are obscured by the install
GUI.  This is one of those install scripts.  However,
what I did find out is that if I install to my other
partition, which used to have win3.1 on it and fortunately
had a fairly sizable partition (1 Gig) - everything goes fine.
I'm guessing that the errors I got installing to the other partition
would be I/O errors when writing to disk.  This all makes me
pretty sure that my other partition (2.6 Gigs) is blasted.
I may be able to live with just 1 Gig and just ignore the old
partition.  The bad one is towards the end of the disk, while the
good one is at the beginning, so that should be okay, no?

Marc