[ale] memtest86 results (so far): was (and still is) Sig11 w/RH

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jan 26 07:35:12 EST 1999

Michael B Golden wrote:

>         I downloaded the Memtest-86 program as recommended from sunsite.
> It is version 1.4a. I started it running at about 6PM today, and it is
> still running (now 10PM) It is at pass 45. How many is it going to do? I
> am going to let it continue running overnight, I am going to bed now. I'm
> not sure if this is good or bad, but it hasn't found any errors yet. I
> almost want it to so that I could just replace and be up and running, but
> it looks like I will probably have some more searching to do. :(

As I recall, the docs indicate that you should run at least 4 passes.  I
think you might terminate it now. :)  If it's not indicated an error,
then it's more than likely something else.

Here it is, from the README file:

 (A complete checkout with/without cache and
        extended refresh requires four passes)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????