[ale] FTP Server on Linux

Ed Landa elanda at comstar.net
Mon Jan 25 17:44:16 EST 1999

> access works... I tried this method once before and I just tried it again
> and it still doesn't work... even copying the ~ftp/bin directory to
> ~user/bin doesn't work with guestgroup...

You also have to copy the necessary libraries for 'ls'.  Do a 'ldd /bin/ls'
and copy those files to ~user/lib and it should work.  Technically, you need
a ~user/etc directory as well.

We hard-link the binaries and libs to a master directory on the partition.
It sames on disk space and also allows for easy upgrades.

This might be a bit more trouble than it's worth for individual dialup
customers, but it works pretty well for us for our web hosting customers.

Ed