[ale] FTP Server on Linux

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Mon Jan 25 10:28:36 EST 1999

NOTE:  Please let me know in whatever way you deem appropriate if you want
this thread dropped...

I looked in the ftpaccess man page, and I tried exactly what you quote here.
I noticed that this does not work unless you give the user a valid shell.
Does this sound right?

Also, are there any exploits I should know about which would let them
_around_ the security I set up here.

I also noticed a bunch of prose about setting up security properly for other
directories.  Would I NOT need to do this if I use the guestgroup options?

Thanks a million all!

-Matt