[ale] ssh help?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Mon Jan 18 01:39:20 EST 1999

yeah, I tried short and fully qualified.  I'm still getting this:

dogbert: Host 'dudley.orci.com' is known and matches the host key.
dogbert: Initializing random; seed file /home/nomad/.ssh/random_seed
dogbert: Encryption type: idea
dogbert: Sent encrypted session key.
dogbert: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
dogbert: Received encrypted confirmation.
dogbert: Trying rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv with RSA host authentication.
dogbert: Remote: Rhosts/hosts.equiv authentication refused: client user 'nomad', server user 'nomad', client host 'dogbert.rnd-consulting.com'.
dogbert: Server refused our rhosts authentication or host key.
dogbert: No agent.
dogbert: Trying RSA authentication with key 'nomad at dogbert'
dogbert: Server refused our key.
dogbert: Doing password authentication.

Which isn't very verbose.  I removed all my .ssh dirs and redid all the
keys, identities, authorized_keys and such.  Same effect.

Thus spake Mike Kachline (kachline at cc.gatech.edu):

Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
  at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: