[ale] Winmodem useless or usable?

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Thu Jan 14 20:08:24 EST 1999

>I've been going nuts trying to get one to work in NT as well.

	Does this mean that Winmodems don't work in all windows? What
other OS's do they not work in? I don't have one (nor do I plan to ever
get one), but my dad doesn't believe me on how bad they are. I have
gotten my info from here and from winmodem.(org or com, can't remember
which it was). My dad wants to see proof from an unbiased (if possible ;)
 ) source. Does anyone know of any such URL's where I can prove it to
him?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]