[ale] Ongoing problems solved, sort of

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at gte.net
Mon Jan 11 18:51:16 EST 1999

Wandered Inn wrote:

> Downloaded it and ran it.  After shuffling a couple of sticks around,
> nailed the bad one.  Thanks a bunch.  Now I just have to figure out how
> to take them up on their 'life time warranty' (the memory company)
> Probably easier to just buy another....

    Glad it helped you! Meanwhile, true story, back in 85 a disk manufacturer sold
floppy disks with a "full lifetime warranty" which actually mattered to me being
broke and in high school. Got a disk that failed after a few uses and called them
up. I was told that its life time was over and I'd have to buy another!!! Was so
funny I couldn't even complain to the guy...

    Ben Scherrey