[ale] PartitionMagic

Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu
Sun Jan 10 22:23:11 EST 1999

You can use the free FIPS instead of Partition Magic.

It's described in this HOWTO:
http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95

Make sure you get the version that supports FAT32, if you're running that.
I found this version which I think supports it.  I can't remember which
version I used on my Win98 machine.
ftp://ftp.cc.gatech.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/redhat-5.2/i386/dosut
ils/fips20/

Before you use it, you should defragment your drive.  I had to unhide
several files in order for them to be moved by the defragment program.
After that, it was a breeze!

Good luck,
Stan