[ale] setting perms on mounted fs

jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com
Wed Jan 6 09:00:52 EST 1999

According to man cp, the -a or -p flags will do what you want, I believe.
-a (archive) is equivalent to -dpR and therefore works recursively, so you
might want to try that.

- Jeff

Wandered Inn <esoteric at denali.atlnet.com> on 01/06/99 08:33:23 AM

To:   ale <ale at ale.org>
cc:    (bcc: Jeff Hubbs/Tower)

Subject:  [ale] setting perms on mounted fs

I'm trying to move my /tmp to it's own filesystem and for obvious
reasons need to retain the permissions.  When I put in /etc/fstab, the
perms get changed to 755.  I've not been able to find the proper option
to add to /etc/fstab to set the perms.  Anyone care to share??

Until later: Geoffrey         esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????