[ale] BellSouth.net and DNS

Todd Graham Lewis tlewis at mindspring.net
Wed Jan 6 01:08:57 EST 1999

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Stephen F Nicholas wrote:

>   I can ping from here to kingdom come right now, but if I want to ping
> the box I'm connected with, I have to look in /var/log/messages for my
> assigned address (which I just did, cause I need it for the remote xterm
> session I'm getting ready to open as soon as I finish this reply.)

Uhh, doesn't `ifconfig` show you that?

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis at mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82