[ale] WD 10.1 hard drive...again

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 4 21:43:26 EST 1999

> I'm still unsuccessful with getting Linux to recognize the full size of
> my 10.1 Western Digital drive.  I thought I'd share some info, in the
> hope someone could point out what I'm missing.

I've heard that this has something to do with the BIOS. These hard drives even
have problems with Windows without the special drivers. So, you aren't going to
be able to get them to work under the current linux distributions until someone
writes software to handle it. Sorry. I have heard of no success stories with
hard drives larger than 6.8G under linux.

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
"Luck is just one of my many skills." - Isamu from Macross Plus