[ale] Partitioning (Part 2)

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Mon Jan 4 18:30:47 EST 1999

	Okay, it was recommended that I use only the linux fdisk, not the
DOS fdisk program. I was having enough trouble with DOS FDISK as it was.
To reiterate my circumstance, I have a HD that I am preparing for
dual-boot Win95 and Linux. I can't figure out how to create and set up
the linux partitions. When I try to use the Slackware install disks to
use the fdisk which I assume is on them, it can never get to a prompt for
different reasons. Any tips on how to get the linux fdisk to this system
so that I can set it up? Am I even taking the correct approach to this?
Note that I currently have nothing on the drive, so I'm not worried about
losing data. It won't help to mention how the partitions are currently
set up. I change it about every 10 minutes trying to figure it out.

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]