[ale] uh...huston we have i/o problems

michael mcdermott m at wroth.com
Thu Feb 11 21:50:02 EST 1999

Wandered Inn wrote:

> michael mcdermott wrote:
>
> > I have done everything I can think of short of low level formatting (which I
> > cannot do/figure out how to do)
>
> Can't help you with the errors, but I heard that you can't do a low
> level format of ide drives.  Anyone else know anything about this?
>
> --
> Until later: Geoffrey           esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????

I figured out a workaround, I just wont use that partition, and ill put /var
somewhere else. but its sort of irritating that I am now missing 100M of
drivespace because of a ford festiva.

If anyone thinks of anything let me know, as it can only get worse as my
harddrive slowly eats itself.

--
Of course the void is nothinginess. By knowing things that exist,
you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.